Hi all.

I've lately been experiencing a failure of amanda to backup the root
drive on our main server (not the tape host). The sendsize debug file
reports the following:

DUMP: (This should not happen)bread from /dev/rdsk/c2t4d0 [block
-402651472]: count=-1216308224, got=-1.

This line repeats about a dozen times with "block" and "count" varying
each time. The client system is an HP 735 running HP-UX 10.20 and the
tape host is a Sun Ultra 60 running Solaris 2.6. Tried upgrading amanda
from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2p2 with no effect. Other oddities from the system log
make me suspect the drive may be slowly going bad but am not convinced
just yet. Another symptom is that amandad kicks off sendsize which never
returns and then neither one ever ends.

Any ideas? TIA for help.

--
Larry Shanabrook   --->  [EMAIL PROTECTED]              /\
Bureau of Indian Affairs                                         \/