* Hartmann, O. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:48:00AM
+0200)

> Well, I would like to ask for some hints or simply a fact-statement:
> Is AMANDA capable of spreading a large volume over several tapes with gtar
> like gtar does this using the multivolume mechanism? How to configure

No
(or Not yet, take your pick)

> this ability if possible? Please be aware of the following fact:
> I definitely can not split this array into smaller pieces because
> it is not possible to split them due the high data fluctuation.

I have the same porblem (a 450G diskarray)
I use gtar to split the disk in smaller pieces.
I still have one 450G partition, but I have a whole slew of toplevel
directories, and simply specify each of them as a target for tar.
(some of those are too big even then, so I repeat the trick for the second
level dirs).

And yes, this sometimes mean I have to add or remove some entries from
disklist. I can live with that ;).

My disklist looks something like
host    /bigdisk/a      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/b      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/c      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/d      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e/1    high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e/2    high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e/3    high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e/4    high-tar
host    /bigdisk/e/5    high-tar
host    /bigdisk/f      high-tar
host    /bigdisk/g      high-tar

&c &c ..

(where a..g are replaced with the names of my toplevel dirs and
 1..5 replaced with the secondlevel dirs .. you get the picture)

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone +31-10.280.1515
Technical Support Jason Geosystems BV           Fax   +31-10.280.1511

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.