Hello folks... I need some help. I`m configuring Amanda on a server running
linux kernel 2.2.17. I have a SCSI device and tapetype DDS-3 Sony. When I
check the configuration with amcheck I got the following:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
NOTE: skipping tape-writeble test.
Tape completo label ok.
Server check took 5.317 seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?         -> Why this problem
occur?
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.041 seconds, 1 problem found.

Please, I have been trying to configure this software for about two weeks,
but until now, I didn`t get success. I really need to fix this problem.

PS: I was reading the FAQ that cover this problem in amanda.org but I didn`t
get success.

When I install AMANDA, in the inet.conf I put the following lines:
amanda dgram udp tcp wait amanda /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad
amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped amidxtaped

I have the following rpm packeges:
amanda-client-2.4.1p1-7cl
amanda-2.4.1p1-7cl
amanda-server-2.4.1p1-7cl
linuxconf-amandaconf-1.21r8-7cl

I have other question:
Why this occur?
[root@monet /root]# amcheck /etc/amanda/amanda.conf
amcheck: could not cd to confdir /etc/amanda//etc/amanda/amanda.conf: File
or directory not found

I have to do:
[root@monet /root]# amcheck ../../etc/amanda/amanda.conf
with ../../ this eliminate the first /etc/amanda and the program (amcheck)
interprets the correct directory....

Ok... I'm waiting some anwsers.

Thanks...

Leandro.