On Thursday 10 May 2001 22:18, John R. Jackson wrote:
> >> You want to put:
> >>
> >>   eject     1
> >>
> >> in your chg-scsi config file ...
> >
> >Have allready tryed that, but it don't work..
>
> What did it do?  I'd like to see the chg-scsi*debug file that goes along
> with this.

I have tryed to use both 1 and 2 on eject, in chg-scsi.conf, nothing works..

If i use
$mt -f /dev/nst0 offline
followed by
$mtx -f /dev/sga first, next... whatever..
it works

The debug file, is attached.

> Just to be clear, are you using the chg-scsi that comes with 2.4.2p2
> or did you get the one from 2.5 (or something else)?

I have tryed 2.4.2p2, and the latest cvs..

-Lennart

--

 Lennart Hansen, System Administrator @ DixaNet (UK) Ltd.

 Email:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile:                [+45] 51 39 67 42       Vedbęk Strandvej 341
 Phone:         [+45] 45 67 67 42       DK-2950 Vedbęk
 Fax.:          [+45] 45 67 67 45       [Enrum Castle]

Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win
AND Never Quit Are Idiots.
chg-scsi: debug 1 pid 11770 ruid 24 euid 24 start time Mon May 14 11:28:11 2001
chg-scsi: $Id: chg-scsi.c,v 1.26 2001/05/07 17:57:12 ant Exp $
ARG [0] : /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-scsi
ARG [1] : -slot
ARG [2] : next
Number of configurations: 1
Tapes need eject: Yes
barcode reader  : No
Tapes need sleep: 90 seconds
Cleancycles     : 100
Changerdevice   : /dev/sga
Labelfile       : /usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/Daily/labelfile
Tapeconfig Nr: 0
  Drivenumber   : 0
  Startslot     : 0
  Endslot       : 4
  Cleanslot     : 6
  Devicename    : /dev/nst0
  changerident  : none
  SCSITapedev   : /dev/sga
  tapeident     : none
  statfile      : /usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/Daily/tapestatus
  Slotfile      : /usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/Daily/tape-slot
  Cleanfile     : /usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/Daily/tape-clean
  Usagecount    : /usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/Daily/totaltime

         ##### START LogSense
##### START DecodeSense
LogSense :Sense Keys
        ErrorCode                     00
        Valid                         0
        ASC                           00
        ASCQ                          00
        Sense key                     00
                No Sense
LogSense : Tape_Ready failed
##### START LookupElement
##### STOP LookupElement (DTE)
##### START LookupElement
##### STOP LookupElement (STE)
##### START DecodeSense
SCSI_Move :Sense Keys
        ErrorCode                     70
        Valid                         0
        ASC                           3B
        ASCQ                          90
        Sense key                     05
                Illegal Request
SCSI_Move : end 0
                                 ##### START GenericClean
##### START RequestSense
GenericClean :
##### START DecodeExtSense
GenericClean : Extended Sense
##### START DecodeSense
GenericClean : Sense Keys
        ErrorCode                     70
        Valid                         0
        ASC                           00
        ASCQ                          00
        Sense key                     00
                No Sense
        Log Parameter Page Code         00
        Log Parameter Code              00
        Underrun/Overrun Counter        00
        Read/Write Error Counter        0
        Tape Drive needs to be cleaned
        Remaing 1024 byte tape blocks   0
        Tracking Retry Counter          00
        Read/Write Retry Counter        00
        Fault Sympton Code              00
[...]
                                 chg-scsi: pid 11770 finish time Mon May 14 11:30:43
2001