On Friday 18 May 2001 20:01, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 04:33:52PM +0200, Lennart Hansen wrote:
> > Thanks, but it did't work..
> >
> > I get this error everytime : DeviceCapabilitiesPage: == NULL
>
> This is an known problem in the 2.4.2 Version. Can you try to get amanda
> 2.5.0 (develoment version) with cvs, compile it and use only the chg-scsi
> from there

I have tryed to copy everything from the CVS version changer-src to the
amanda 2.4.2p2 changer-src.. this was the only thing i cloud do, if i want it
compiled.

> Thats not the real problem. chg-scsi needs the information from the mode
> sense page to decide how to move, if this fails chg-scsi will stop. There
> are some fixes in the 2.5.0 version to try to get this information with an
> alternate way, and it works at last on AIX with an SONY changer.
>
> So give it a try.
>
> Also you can try to comment out this line (~ line 2894 in
> scsi-changer-driver)
>
>     } else {
>          dbprintf(("CheckMove : pDeviceCapabilitiesPage == NULL"));
>        /*
>          ChgExit("CheckMove", "DeviceCapabilitiesPage == NULL", FATAL);
>        */
>     }

Have also tryed this on the 2.4.2p2 release, in the CVS it alrady is out
commentated...

Also tryed with the patch from Charles.. on 2.4.2p2 release version..
and tryed to out comment, what Thomas recommented, on the patched version,
but that did't work either.

Any suggestions to what i should try now ??

BTW: Running kernel 2.4.4pre4 at the moment.. Have also tryed with 2.2.18..

-Lennart
--

 Lennart Hansen, System Administrator @ DixaNet (UK) Ltd.

 Email:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile:                [+45] 51 39 67 42       Vedbęk Strandvej 341
 Phone:         [+45] 45 67 67 42       DK-2950 Vedbęk
 Fax.:          [+45] 45 67 67 45       [Enrum Castle]

Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win
AND Never Quit Are Idiots.