On Wed, 30 May 2001, Christoph Sold wrote:

> Howard Zhou schrieb:

> > 1) Does Amanda support incremental backup? It should be obvisou but I didn't
> > see it on the feature list on Amanda home page. Is it easy to schedule full
> > backup and incremental backups?
>
> amanda plans the full/incemental backup schedule itself. The algorithm
> will try to put as much full backups into the tape cycle as the number
> of tapes permit.

One thing to note here is that the Amanda/Samba/gtar backups of windows
shares will only perform level 0 and level 1 dumps.  All incrementals
are at level 1 until the next full.  Depending on your environment and
usage patterns this _might_ pose a problem.  (I have seen one situation
where it did.)  On the other hand it could easily be a non-issue, but
it's worth thinking carefully about up front before you start.

-Mitch