On 31 May 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> And yet another thing to note here is that Cygwin has (recently?)
> gained a program named cygrunsrv, that could be used to start a
> Cygwin-built [x]inetd, that could then fire amandad natively on
> Windows.  I haven't got to the trouble of going down this path, but it
> seems like someone with a lot of Windows machine to back up could
> observe a significant speed up avoiding all of the SMB overhead,
> gaining more levels of incremental backups meanwhile.

has anyone successfully built the amanda (2.4.2p2?) client using cygwin?
last time i tried, i didn't get very far and gave up for lack of time.

this cygrunsrv sounds interesting since it was an important missing piece
of the whole amanda-on-windows puzzle, so i'll revisit this sometime soon.

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920