the first time never got to the list, unless there's a massive delay...so here we go
again.

I have Amanda server running on a RedHat 7.1 system with an HP4mm DAT.  works fine
when I back up a solaris client.

However, when I try to back up a dns-resolved client (a RedHat 7.0 system, same Amanda
rev as the Amanda server), I get:

====
Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: redhat2.pine-cone.com: [addr 172.16.3.1: hostname lookup failed]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.052 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

====

DNS works, I even added the client to the /etc/hosts file.  I can ping by name from
the account.

I ran the amcheck from the Redhat 7.0 client and it all checked out.

Any ideas?

thank you for ANY assistance or ideas,

bryan

Bryan S. Sampsel