Hello Folks,

When we change the "request()" in "src/changer-src/chg-manual.sh.in" to
include notification every 60 minutes will AMDUMP automatically detect
the inserted tape and continue the backup?  I assume that it will do so
on the next hourly check from what I can understand in the src.

Also, suppose that I want I don't want to be mailed every hour but
instead I want Amanda to dump to the holding disk and wait for me to
make the next tape available in the morning.  How would I change the
"request()"?

My understanding of the need for the changer.conf file is for automatic
tape changers...is this correct?

Finally, do I need to put some special label sequence on the tapes for
this configuration (ie Monthly-XXX-Slot-X)?  Or can I just use
Monthly-XXX?  Basically I just want to know if I need to use the "slot"
argument for the amlabel if I change the tape manually.

I'm using a Daily config with great success (Thanks!).  However, I can't
fit the Monthly full dumps on one tape.

Cheers.
--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: [EMAIL PROTECTED]