>    After looking around for a good OpenSourse backup solution, I
>decided to make use of Amanda. Now I'am facing a problem configuring
>this software the way it fits my company backup policy. Thus I am asking
>you, those who are surely more familiar with this topic.
>   Here are requirements I need to meet:

Then amanda may not be the tool for you.

You cannot choose when full dumps are done

You cannot easily mix-up monthly and weekly full dumps

You need one tape per DAY for incremental back-ups

All this can be worked around, but that will need dirty tricks, and
you will loose some benefits of Amanda when you want to restore
(applying the same tricks again).

Even using tapes A1 to A7 one week and tapes B1 to B7 on the other
week, is not straight forward.

Good luck

Olivier