I've just been through this (ie. using the newer, supported chg-scsi from
the 2.5.0 cvs development source with an amanda-2.4.2p2 server) so the
procedure is fresh in my mind.  Here's what you do.

- build and install your 2.4.2p2 server
- get the 2.5.0 source via cvs
- first, login to cvs server
- just press enter when prompted for password
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/amanda login
- next, get the source
- this will retrieve the entire 2.5.0 source from the cvs server into
  your current directory
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/amanda co amanda
- build the amanda-2.5.0 server from this source (you may need the
autoconf tools to proceed with this, but don't ask me any questions about
this, you're on your own)
- when the build is finished, copy changer-src/chg-scsi to your
amanda-2.4.2p2 server libexec directory

That's it!  Works great with an Exabyte 215 changer and Mammoth2 drive.

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920