At 03:16 PM 7/6/2001 -0500, John R. Jackson wrote:
> >...  We recently upgraded one of our Amanda servers to Redhat 7.1
> >(from Redhat 6.2), and we experienced some difficulties with the backup
> >after that.  ...
>
>In the process, did you switch to running amandad from xinetd (instead
>of inetd)?  Did you fix the xinetd config file (the RPM's have it wrong,
>last I heard).  There are examples in the Amanda FAQ.  In particular,
>you probably want "groups yes".

We're certainly running from xinetd now.  Our inetd.conf amanda entries got
converted automatically during the upgrade.  (I don't know to which RPM's
you're referring, but we don't run Amanda from RPM's.)  It looks as if adding:

         group  = adm
         groups = yes

to all of /etc/xinetd.d/am* is sufficient to fix the problem.

Thanks, John.

                                         - Mike