There appears to be a bug in the way that Redhat decides to load the ST
module. It checks to see if /proc/scsi/scsi is present then it checks
for a tape device. The problem is that /proc/scsi/scsi doesn't exist if
the tape drive is the only device on the SCSI chain.

So, I manually load the ST module and my SCSI module, advansys in my
case, in rc.local. Now I don't get Amdump rewind errors. Just posting
this to help other people.

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840
PGP Public key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]