* John R. Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 11:40:12AM -0500)
>>calcsize does all 3 estimates in one go ...

> But it does not support exclusion patterns.  That's the one major
> thing holding me back from supporting it.

It doesn't ?

If you compile with -DBUILTIN_EXCLUDE_SUPPORT it should.

(OK, on second thought, I see it doesn't.
 most of the hooks are there though ..

 Hmm, linking it with libtar.a from tar.1.13.19 almost fixes this.
)

> Now if someone wants to figure out how to link calcsize with the GNU
> tar pattern matching code ... :-)

OK,
Time to put my coding where my mouth is ;)

If I get it working, would you include it ?

We would need to link against the libtar.a from tar 1.13.19 alpha though.

Would that be a problem ?

Currently listening to: Tool - Disposition (Lateralus)

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud
 =`\<,                  we'll miss him