Just to check, be sure you have the 'changerfile' set to something like
"/<path-to>/<amanda-config>/<Changer>", and have a file called
"/<path-to>/<amanda-config>/<Changer>.conf".  Look inside the chg-zd-mtx
script itself for what to put in it.  It will be like this (this is
mine):

firstslot=17            #### 1st tape slot
lastslot=30             #### Last tape slot
cleanslot=1             #### Slot with cleaner tape

  # Do you want to clean the drive after a certain number of accesses?
  # NOTE - This is unreliable, since 'accesses' aren't 'uses', and we
  #        have no reliable way to count this. A single amcheck could
  #        generate as many accesses as slots you have, plus 1.
  # ALSO NOTE - many modern tape loaders handle this automatically.

AUTOCLEAN=0             #### Set to '1' or greater to enable

autocleancount=99       #### Number of access before a clean.

havereader=1            #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.

offlinestatus=1         #### Set to 0 if 'mt status' gives an
                        #### "offline" when drive is offline.
                        #### Set to 1 or greater if 'mt status'
                        #### doesn't give and offline, rather an
                        #### "ONLINE" when drive is online.

OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=0 #### Does your tape driver require a
                        #### 'mt offline' before mtx unload?

--
   Jason Hollinden

   MH5 Systems Admin