Gerhard,

In order to run the DLT8000 on irix (pre-6.5.12) I did modify
the device tables, changed the device recognition string but
didn't mess with the parameters so the DLT8000 was treated as
a 7000.

Mods where to the /var/sysgen/master.d/scsi file.

SGI suggested I might do this under 6.5.12 rather than using
the new TS drivers.

Will have to see what they come up with. Surprised to hear that
they may not support the DLT8000 on the older hardware, thought
it was an across the board thing and the vendor that sold us
the drive certainly claimed... well, salesmen. ;-)

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian