On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, John R. Jackson wrote:

> >chio: /usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf,: open: No such file or
> >directory
>
> I've looked at the 2.4.2 and 2.5 sources and cannot find this message
> at all.  What version of Amanda (or, more specifically, chg-chio) are
> you running?

now i think i have another problem. thanks for pointing this out.

i may have two mixed versions, something i didn't consider before.

i'm going to clean out the current amanda installation, and start over.

probably the best idea at this point.

> So that means the error is on the preceeding line.  What does your
> whole tapetype look like?

define tapetype DLT {
    comment "DLT tape drives"
    length 20000 mbytes         # 20 Gig tapes
    filemark 2000 kbytes        # I don't know what this means
    speed 1.5 mbytes
}

that's where it's erroring out.

i am relatively sure i have two different versions of AMANDA installed at
this point. i'm definately cleaning out, and restarting from scratch.

thanks for your help, so far

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
             -- Bob Dylan