> I've run the amandad on the command line and from the errors I'm
> seeing believe the current problem stems from running a client
> built under 2.8 on a 2.6 system.

I'm no Solaris expert but my feeling is this _will_ cause problems.

[...]
> Don't have a functioning gcc under any of my 2.6 system, do you
> think my previously built 2.4.1p1 client will run correctly with
> my 2.4.2p2 server ?

I don't think so. At least in theory it should run flawlessly. I
remember some weird problems when I upgraded some servers or clients
from 2.4.1p1 to 2.4.2 and clients or servers were left on 2.4.1p1 but I
can't you tell any details at the moment. Just try it. To know if it
runs or not takes less time than getting gcc for 2.6. If it doesn't run,
try something like http://gcc.gnu.org/, then click somewhere on
"binaries".