On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jennifer Peterson wrote:

>after about 20 minutes or so, I get this in my syslog:
>
>Oct 22 15:24:11 my_computer xinetd[29480]: amanda service was
>deactivated because of looping
>Oct 22 15:24:41 my_computer amandad[30051]: error receiving message: timeout
>
>The amandad error log on my_computer reads basically the same thing:
>amandad: dgram_recv: timeout after 30 seconds
>amandad: error receiving message: timeout

Have you tried looking at the latest debug output in /tmp/amanda after
running amcheck?  I ran into the "deactivated because of looping" error
on a few clients which were still GLIB2.1 based machines where my NFS
automounted amanda binaries were compiled against GLIBC2.2.  Find out
what errors the amandad binary is spewing into /tmp/amanda/*.debug

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."   -- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>