Hello Joshua,

JBL> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 at 9:56am, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote

>> 1) Not all hosts to be backed up have 100M-NICs inside, so while
>> dumping them it slows down the connection to 100M-hosts.
>>
>> (Getting about 10kB/s right now on the 100M-host, thatīs not much ...)

JBL> That sounds like a duplex mismatch.  Are the 10M boxen on a switch smart
JBL> enough to deal with this?

Yes thereīs a switch inbetween.
Most of those slow boxes are connected via a hub (coax <-> cat5).
I monitored switch activity, the nic of the amanda machine negotiates
Full Duplex with 100M ... so I did not explicitly lock the nic to
100M.

>> 2) I run multiple dumps a day right now because Iīm constantly adding
>> new disks and testing parameters. My tapecycle is 11, my dumpcycle 14,
>> I have 11 tapes labeled and used them all already, so that they are in
>> my tapelist.
>> But amanda is still requesting new tapes.
>> Is this because I ran multiple dumps per day ?
>> How I can I tell her to use DAILY01 after DAILY11 explicitly ?

JBL> What is your runspercycle?  Tapecycle *must* be >= (preferebably >)
JBL> runspercycle.  Otherwise, you may be overwriting the *only* full dump of a
JBL> filesystem you have on tape.  If that happens, you're SOL at restore time.

I donīt have runspercycle set.
Wrong ? Gonna read about it once more.

dumpcycle 14
tapecycle 11