Hi,

   I have problem with Win2k Server SP2 also.

   My environment is:

        Amanda 2.4.2p2 server running on Solaris 8
        Samba 2.2.2 running on same Solaris 8 box
        Win2k Server version SP2 (Japanese)
        GNU tar 1.3.23(?)

     I can see the amdump pulling file names from the Win2k machine
     by monitor the network packet. I think after it got all
     file list from the PC, it stops there.  The CPU and network
     becomes idle. Using Ctrl-C can stop it.

     There is no any error message in the dump or log file.

     I can use the amanda to backup the Solaris local disk partition
     without any problem. And I can use smbclient to connect to the
     Win2K server and retrieve file.  (I don't know how to combine
     smbclient with gnutar manually, so I didn't try it.)

     Does anyone have an idea that I can try ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Shu Liu