> Hello,

Hi!

> What i did was to recompile the amanda server and also
> added the option "index" to the dumpiles type (for
> example comp-user) in the amanda.conf file. I got it
> working for Tar, and i let you know if that fixes my
> dump errors too (i got that error with dump).

Ok,  I have now recomplied the server and client after installing tar
1.13.25, previously I had only link the old tar location to the new
tar.  I have the following in amanda.conf:

define dumptype incremental {
    comment "General Data Backup"
    priority medium
    program "GNUTAR"
    compress client fast
    index yes
    record yes
}

On the client when running ./configure .... I get
[cut]
checking for gtar... no
checking for gnutar... no
checking for tar... /usr/local/bin/tar
[cut]

however,

www# which tar
/usr/local/bin/tar
www# tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

Any more suggestions?