On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 at 2:08pm, Dan Rich wrote

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>
> > What is in /tmp/amanda/sendbackup*debug and /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug on
> > morpheus at the time(s) of the attempted dump(s)?
>
> A *whole* lot of data. :)  The sendbackup log only shows my one ext2

There would be a senbackup log for every partition backed up, but...

> partition.  The amandad log looks good for all the partitions.  The debug
> log that worries me is the sendsize log:
>       calculating for amname 'hde11', dirname '/misc/mp3'
>       sendsize: getting size via dump for hde11 level 0
>       sendsize: running "/sbin/dump 0Ssf 1048576 - /dev/hde11"
>       running /usr/lib/amanda/killpgrp
>       /dev/hde11: Bad magic number in super-block while opening filesystem
>       (no size line match in above dump output)
>       asking killpgrp to terminate
> Shouldn't it be using xfsdump instead of dump to determine the size?

Indeed it should, and that's your problem -- amanda isn't getting
estimates for your XFS partitions.  I assume that xfsdump was present when
you ./configured amanda, right?  What does your fstab look like?

Can you try again with either 2.4.2p2 (plus the advfs patch) or 2.4.3b2?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering