On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 at 10:15am, Andreas Baier wrote

> What do you do, in case there is a real emergency that you donīt have to
> figure out, on what tape which dump was written without having access to
> the index ???

A couple of things:

1) I use the lbl-templ keyword in my tapetype, which causes amanda to
print out a tape label at the end of every run.  The tape label lists
all the filesystems that are on the tape and their levels.  That way, I
know what's on every tape without having to even put 'em in the drive.

2) I tar up all the relevant amanda config and information directories.
Said tarball I put both in ~amanda on the amanda server and (via NFS) on
our RAID (which is also backed up by amanda).  So I've always got two
copies of all the amanda info, up to date, on disk, plus on tape.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering