On 27 Jan 2002, Dan Smith wrote:

- I want to (once a month) do a backup of all disks.  My tapes are not
- large enough to fit the whole thing, so I need to spread it across 3
- tapes or so.  I was thinking of setting up a 1-day dumpcycle with 3
- runspercycle and just do all three dumps on a saturday.  I don't think
- this is the best way to do it, since anything that has changed between
- dumps will be backed up incremental to the 2nd or third run.
-
- Is there any way to do this elegantly?  I was thinking I could also
- setup 3 jobs and spread the disks out among them, but that would be
- more work, and I'd like for amanda to organize the dumps so they best
- fill out each tape.
-
- Does anyone have any advice?

In amanda.conf define: