Hello,

I'm currently in the testing phase for switching our amanda backups over
to Judith Freeman's secure scheme, using gpg and a gzip wrapper
(http://security.uchicago.edu/tools/gpg-amanda.)  Everything's working
great with our test computers, and, so far, I'm pretty psyched about it.
  However, I would like to ask anybody who's actually done a full scale
change over from regular amanda to this secure amanda whether or not
they experienced significant slow downs as a result.  The small scale
testing that I'm doing seems to be taking quite a long time.  It's not a
huge deal if our backups take longer as a result of this added security,
but it's going to take double or triple time, then we might need to add
another amanda server into the mix.

If I missed this aspect of the secure amanda discussion in the archives,
then please point me to them.

Thanks for your insight.

Jenn