On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 at 10:55am, Davidson, Brian wrote

> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: db-test.ems.sat: [GNUTAR program not available]
>
> GNU tar exists on the client machine, I can log in as amanda, and gnu tar is
> in amanda's path. I can also execute gnu tar as the amanda user.  Owners for
> tar are:
>
>       -r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other     901120 Feb  4 10:15 tar
>
> amanda runs as user amanda: group operator.  What am I not doing correctly
> here?

Was tar in the same location when you ./configured amanda on db-test?
amanda stores the locations of such things at configure time.  You can
look at what configure found in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug on db-test.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering