>--On Wednesday, February 06, 2002 22:20:47 -0600 "W. D."
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> At 16:46 2/6/2002, Frank Smith, wrote:
>>>  Forget about "all fulls on weekend, incrementals weekdays"
>>
>> Does this mean do full backups each time?
>
>No. it just means you might need to change your mindset from 'traditional'
>backup methods, where you might run full backups on Friday night (or the
>1st of the month or whatever) and incrementals on other nights, to letting
>Amanda intermingle full and incrementals on each run, thereby getting
>better use out of your tape capacity.

We use amanda for our 'traditional' backups, via multiple configs & and
cron.  It works just fine, but OTOH, we aren't hurting for tape space.  I've
toyed with the idea of letting amanda just do its thing, but if more
efficient tape use is the only advantage then I can't really justify the
time/effort/pain it would take to configure and tweak it.  Are there any
other reasons to move away from our "traditional" ways?

--Chris