--On Thursday, February 07, 2002 13:13:37 +0100 Moritz Both <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 2. Be prepared to run the configure/install process a few times until you
>> get it the way you want.
>
> Inacceptable. Why the hell should OS software installs work the "try
> and error" way only? After reading the right documents (1.) I should
> be able to run configure, make and make install the correct way, maybe
> with a few options to configure, but not more.

I agree with you, but Amanda has way too much config information compiled
in that (in my opinion) is better suited for the config file.  If the
paths/users/portranges/etc were read from the config file then there would
be little need for recompiling.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                  Voice: 512-374-4673