I'm running AMANDA 2.4.2; one of my clients is a workstation using
XFS.  I've been happily backing it up for several months.  However,
there's now a quite large file on the partition which will easily fill
our backup tapes.

Checking the xfsdump manpage, I see that the -e option to xfsdump will
cause it to skip files with the SGI_XFSDUMP_SKIP_FILE attribute[1].

Having solved dump's problem, I need to modify rundump (I think) to
pass -e to xfsdump.  I'm guessing this means making changes to the
AMANDA sources, which I'm perfectly happy to do, but it isn't easy to
find where to make the change.

Little help?

jason

[1] : For other XFS newbies, there's a brief section further down that
      explains how to set this attribute on a given file.
--
    Jason Henry Parker  ``Choose mnemonic identifiers.  If you
 Systems Administrator    can't remember what mnemonic means,