"John R. Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> jason wrote:
> >Checking the xfsdump manpage, I see that the -e option to xfsdump will
> >cause it to skip files with the SGI_XFSDUMP_SKIP_FILE attribute[1].
>
> This is similar to the -h flag for dump on Linux.  Look at how
> dump-honor-nodump in configure.in for is handled and add something
> similar.  Then find the XFSDUMP code in client-src/sendbackup-dump.c and
> add a couple of lines to insert "-e" if HAVE_HONOR_SGI_XFSDUMP_SKIP_FILE
> (or whatever you call it) is defined.

Great.  I've already managed to hardcode the option in
client-src/sendbackup-dump.c and client-src/sendsize.c, but doing it
the Right Way would be preferable.

> Not rundump.  Rundump is only used on systems that have to run dump
> as root.  Is your system using rundump (you'd find debug files in
> /tmp/amanda and the sendbackup*debug file would indicate rundump was
> being used)?

I thought XFS support implied rundump, but that appears to not be the
case, since

> Also, USE_RUNDUMP would be defined in config/config.h and show up in
> amandad*debug.

USE_RUNDUMP is not defined in config/config.h.

> An alternative to making any code changes would be to build your Amanda
> with the XFSDUMP environment variable set to point to a script that
> runs xfsdump with all the args it gets plus -e.

Eeep!  My `action at a distance' alarm is ringing, loudly!  I'm not a
fan of environment variables in the first place.

> But in the long run,
> it would be nice to have the -e support.

Yeah.  I'd rather modify the code.  I'll see if I can whip a
patch into shape and submit it back to the list.

Cheers,
--
    Jason Henry Parker  ``Choose mnemonic identifiers.  If you
 Systems Administrator    can't remember what mnemonic means,