my personal strategy is as follows:

- I have Imagecast images for our 4 generic server types (NT/2000 web and
db).  this allows me to quickly deploy the OS and necessary applications.
There are several products like Imagecast out on the market for imaging
windows partitions.
- change the network configurations on the box by hand
- restore critical application and database files backed-up using amanda

I've tested this 3 times, and actually did one real DR late one evening.
And the lesson I can tell you from years of experience is to test your DR
plans early and often - it will pay off when you actually have to perform
one with every manager in the company calling you every minute for a status
update...

Matt

Matthew Galer
Senior Systems Engineer