Well, my method is, err, non-standard to say the least, but it's *very*
nice...

None of my users run Windows natively (well, OK, one does, but he's the
boss).  They all run Windows in VMware on Linux.  All user data is kept on
their Linux partitions (which Windows/VMware can see transparently), and
backed up via standard Amanda.  The "C" drive for the Windows "boxes" is a
700MB file (for Win2K -- 400MB for NT4) that I keep a copy of on our RAID.
When a Windows "box" hoses itself, a complete reinstall is a 80 second
'cp' away.  :)

Oh, and did I mention that the Windows "boxes" can't see the net at large,
and so are largely safe from the fun of virus infections?

It won't work for everybody, and VMware (the company) is getting
annoyingly inflexible about their licensing terms and fees, but it does
work *very* well for us.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering