Joshua,

The annyoing thing about using this hack is that if you have to use
amflush (something goes wrong), then it (amflush) gives you errors about
removing cruft files for all of the files that split creates.  An
ingenious hack nonetheless... :)

If you have the disk space, you could switch the holding partition to
ReiserFS or maybe ext3 (it supports files larger than 2GB right?)

I'm assuming his amanda server is running on linux...

Cheers,

Mike

--

Mike Cathey - http://www.mikecathey.com/