Hi Trevor,

You may want to check your chunksize.  I have mine set to 1GB so large
backups are split into 1GB files.  Additionally you may need, even on
Solaris 8, to update tar & gzip such that they will be able to handle
the larger files.

You could also effect this in your disklist.  Rather than having an
entry such as:

systemname         /export/home        comp-root-tar

You could have more than one entry, breaking down the directories into
individual dumps:

systemname         /export/home/dir1   comp-root-tar
systemname         /export/home/dir2   comp-root-tar
systemname         /export/home/dir3   comp-root-tar

I am not certain these are the best solutions, but I am pretty sure they
will work.

Best of luck!

Jeff

| Jeffery Smith - Systems Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Sky Computers, Inc. (www.skycomputers.com)                     |