Hi Doug!

On  2 Apr 02 at 9:04 you wrote:

> How many times do you generally use each tape (rough number)?  I bet
> there's not much of a difference between DDS3 and DDS4 tapes as far
> as useful duration.

Most of my tapes are from 1999 and I'd estimate they have been used
between 100 and 200 times. During past couple of months, three tapes
from the original bunch have gone to heaven of DDS tapes and been
replaced with fresh ones.

> The one I replaced had been used 17 times over the last year or so,

In view of my experience, 17 times doesn't seem that much.

--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* If you don't leave me alone, i'll go and find someone else who will.