For xinetd use USR2.  It causes a hard reload which re-reads the
configuration, and stops any servers which are no longer required.

On Redhat the easist way is

# service xinetd reload

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Morse, Richard E. wrote:

- Actually, and perhaps this should be noted somewhere else?, you can do the
- following:
-
- kill -USR1 <your-xinetd-pid-here>
-
- which should cause it to intelligently reload (ie, don't cut off any already
- existing connections)
-
- HTH,
- Ricky