Hi

I cannot recover my amanda backups.

My tape server is missie, this is where the tape drive and amanda server is.
I am trying to run amrecover from a client.

These are Redhat systems. On the server amanda runs as user amanda
and on the client amanda runs as operator. I installed from RPM and this is the
default.

Redhat 6.2 username is operator
Redhat 7.2 username is amanda

[root@ /root]# amrecover  -t missie.doamin.com -s missie.doamin.com -C DailySet1
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.1p1. Contacting server on missie.doamin.com ...
220 missie AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
amandahostsauth failed

I have added

clientname      root
clientname      amanda
clientname      operator

to the /home/amanda/.amandahosts  file on the server but still I get this error. From
what I can see
user amanda is allowed from grumpy.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks