Gary Hines writes:
- I'm just stuck trying to figure out why socket.h is not compiling????

        It looks like you're attempting to use the bundled
compiler on HP-UX.  Unfortunately, the bundled compiler is
only (barely) suited to building new kernels on HP-UX (and
occasionally bootstraping gcc.)

        You really need either the ANSI C suite, or gcc, to
build amanda.. Amanda uses a lot of ANSI C features, as do the
system include files.. (You might get away with making sure that
__STDC__ isn't defined during your configure and build, but I
doubt it..)

        If you like, I can put the HP-UX amanda client up for
ftp.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.cirr.com
  "Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses."