Title: RE: make problem - HP-UX 11i, amanda 2.4.2p2

Hi Eric,
        I'm using gcc, and I just downloaded the new gcc3.1 from the hp porting site, but I still get the same error. Does gcc come with separate includes? The socket.h that came with the HP includes the header file that defines the types that I'm getting the errors on (sbsize_t, bsize_t, sbsize64_t, and bsize64_t), but for some reason they don't seem to be getting include'd in the compilation. I'm wondering if gcc has a different socket.h that would work?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:11 PM
To: Gary Hines
Cc: 'Amanda backup'
Subject: Re: make problem - HP-UX 11i, amanda 2.4.2p2

Gary Hines writes:
- I'm just stuck trying to figure out why socket.h is not compiling????

        It looks like you're attempting to use the bundled
compiler on HP-UX.  Unfortunately, the bundled compiler is
only (barely) suited to building new kernels on HP-UX (and
occasionally bootstraping gcc.)

        You really need either the ANSI C suite, or gcc, to
build amanda.. Amanda uses a lot of ANSI C features, as do the
system include files.. (You might get away with making sure that
__STDC__ isn't defined during your configure and build, but I
doubt it..)

        If you like, I can put the HP-UX amanda client up for
ftp.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.cirr.com
  "Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses."