Its nothing to worry about.  It just means that file was in the process
of being compressed when tar got the directory contents but was finished
(and the tmp file gone) when tar actually tried to add it to the archive.
You should have the uncompressed version of the file on the tape and will
get the compressed version backed up on the next run.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673