On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Thomas Hepper wrote:

> Hi,
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 03:35:34PM +0200, Ryszard Kluza wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have Sun E250 with Solaris 7
> >
> > Tape library Adic FastStore22
> >
> > And amanda
> >
> > How I have to configure amanda and solaris to work together,
> >
> > What kind of driver I need to instal on Solaris
>
> I'm not sure if solaris have already the sgen driver. If no check
> the docs directory and there the file TAPE.CHANGERS on what you
> need for solaris without the sgen driver. In this doc you will find
> also some notes on how to configure the sgen driver.

Solaris 8 comes with the 'sgen' driver. I don't think it existed in
Solaris 7 or earlier.

I'm having some interesting times with scanners and the sgen driver - as
yet I haven't tried it with my ADIC 1200D autochanger as that unit has a
problem with loading/unloading via front panel controls. I don't believe
the problem is related to Amanda at all.

Regards,

Craig.

--
               Craig Dewick. Send email to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
 Point your web client at "www.sunshack.org" or "www.sunshack.net" to access my