Good morning all,

The sgen driver works well on Solaris 8.  That fixed my need to roll my own.

The only change I needed to recognize the HP C7200-8000 changer was to modify
the sgen.conf with the following lines:

device-type-config-list="library";

inquiry-config-list=    "HP",           "C7200-8000";
and of course uncomment the:
name="sgen" class="scsi" target=0 lun=0;
 .
 .
 .
lines.

mtx works very well with the changer and the DLT8000 drives.

Thanks to Jon LaBadie, Thomas Hepper and Craig Dewick.

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Thomas Hepper wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 03:35:34PM +0200, Ryszard Kluza wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I have Sun E250 with Solaris 7
> > >
> > > Tape library Adic FastStore22
> > >
> > > And amanda
> > >
> > > How I have to configure amanda and solaris to work together,
> > >
> > > What kind of driver I need to instal on Solaris
> >
> > I'm not sure if solaris have already the sgen driver. If no check
> > the docs directory and there the file TAPE.CHANGERS on what you
> > need for solaris without the sgen driver. In this doc you will find
> > also some notes on how to configure the sgen driver.
>
> Solaris 8 comes with the 'sgen' driver. I don't think it existed in
> Solaris 7 or earlier.
>
> I'm having some interesting times with scanners and the sgen driver - as
> yet I haven't tried it with my ADIC 1200D autochanger as that unit has a
> problem with loading/unloading via front panel controls. I don't believe
> the problem is related to Amanda at all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig.
>
> --
>                Craig Dewick. Send email to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>  Point your web client at "www.sunshack.org" or "www.sunshack.net" to access my
>  archive of Sun technical information and links to other places. For info about
>      Sun Ripened Kernels, go to "www.sunrk.com.au" or "www.sun-surplus.com"

---
Wayne Richards                          Phone:  330 796-4462
Goodyear Tech Center                    Fax:    330 796-3947
Department 431A                         e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 3531
Akron, OH  44309-3531

And one for the lawyers:

This email may contain confidential/proprietary information and may not be
copied or disseminated without the express written consent of the Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Co.