I have just configured amanda, and I have modified the amanda.conf file to
use my Seagate Hornet 8 model number STT8000N.
When I run the amlabel utility (% amlabel Daily Daily123), I get this error:

rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label Daily123, checking label
amlabel: no label found, are you sure /dev/st0 is non-rewinding?

Now, the strange thing is this. I am using a rewindable tape, but it is not
a changer. Does this mean I need to specify it as a changer, but make the
runtapes configuration 1?

Totally lost here. Any help would be great! Thanks!

-James

James Kelty
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
The Ashland Agency