On 24 Jun 2002, Kirk Strauser wrote:

>I'm in the process of converting about 400 CDs to .oggs.  The destination
>directory is currently approaching 9GB in size, and I'm using Amanda to
>backup to DDS-3 (12GB) tapes.  Given that oggs and MP3s are essentially
>uncompressible, I'm getting pretty close to the limits of what I can fit
>onto one tape.

Wow, that's dedication.  I would never even think of "backing up" my
MP3s.  I've got over 500 CDs in my collection and they're all ripped but
my inclination is just to throw them on a cheap IDE RAID.  If something
catastrophic happens and I lose the RAID, oh well, I've got the CDs and
it didn't take me /that/ long to rip them.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Computer Geek, Center for Structural Biology

"This isn't rocket science -- but it _is_ computer science."
        - Terry Lambert on [EMAIL PROTECTED]