Probably mirroring the database and then making a backup of the mirror
would
allow you to never stop the master server but just the slave.
I don't know if it is possible to have a slave running on a different port
on
the same server is possible or not. If not, you will need and second
computer.
If it is possible, you will just consume a lot of disk space for the
replication and (I think 25% of the database size) extra space for the sql
dump.

--
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

(See attached file: smime.p7s)