On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 19:22, Gene Heskett wrote:

[..]

> In our experience, when the tape is recognized by the drive after
> being inserted, the drives compression setting is restored to
> whatever was in effect when the tape was last labeled.

So as long as as hardware compression is turned off (with the commanded
I used) *before* I run amlabel, then everytime I insert that tape it
will not use hardware compression, as it was labeled up with hardware
compression turned off?

Just to make sure that hardware compression is turned off I've created a
small script that disables it and inserted that using cron to run, just
after amcheck, but before amdump.

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;