running an amanda client, v2.4.3 on RedHat 7.3, using xinetd; syslog shows
repeated and rapid segfaults from amandad when I run 'amcheck'. I get the
following entries in the amandad log:

amandad: dgram_recv: recvfrom() failed: Socket operation on non-socket
amandad: error receiving message: Socket operation on non-socket
amandad: time 5.358: error receiving message: Socket operation on non-socket

no other service or program on this machine shows signs of flakiness, so I'm
not inclined to say it's a hardware problem. However, it has an identical
setup (both software and hardware) to the amanda server (which also backs
itself up); which is working fine. the same amanda-client package has been
installed on several machines, and is working fine on all of them.

I've also tried different versions of amanda, from amanda-2.4.2p2, 2.4.3b4,
as well as 2.4.3 itself; and see no difference in the results.

where/how/what should I try next to troubleshoot this?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises