On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 at 3:30pm, Orion Poplawski wrote

> I'm trying to run amanda on a Linux server and have it backup a mix of
> clients.  I'm trying to test out an IRIX client, and the backup is failing
> with:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   orca       /export/acmap1 lev 0 FAILED [disk /export/acmap1 offline on
> orca?]
>   orca       /export/local lev 0 FAILED [disk /export/local offline on orca?]
>   orca       /export/contrib lev 0 FAILED [disk /export/contrib offline on
> orca?]

Are those all partitions?  If not, are you specifying GNUTAR as your dump
program?  What's in /tmp/amanda/sendsize*debug on orca?

> Do the amanda installations on the servers and clients need to reference the
> same paths?  The IRIX installation is from SGI's freeware site and puts files
> in different locations.

Hrm.  You may want to try compiling and installing on orca -- that way you
know what goes where and from who.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering