Frank Smith wrote:

--On Saturday, November 09, 2002 23:20:07 -0500 Eric Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

3) If I attempt what I believe to be labelling a tape, I get:

labeling tape in slot 0 (/dev/nst0):
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label test00
amlabel: writing label: tape is write-protected

Tape is write-protected. Check the write-protect tab on the tape.
An outside possibility is that the Amanda user doesn't have write
permissions on the device, but I think that would give you a
different error.
Actually, it gives the same error. When I first set up I didn't put amanda in the correct group and got that error on a regular, now-wrote protected tape.

=G=